Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Top 5 Favorite Albums of All Time

:: Music :: General

Go down

Your Top 5 Favorite Albums of All Time Empty Your Top 5 Favorite Albums of All Time

Post by Zane Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:34 pm

In this topic, all that you are doing is selecting the 5 albums that you love listening to most of your entire collection. You do not have to give your choices in any specific order, although you should give at least a brief explanation of why you chose the albums that you did. Remember, your album choices are based only on how much you enjoy listening to them, so don't let the opinions of critics, the public, or anyone else change your opinion.

As for my personal favorites, Arcade Fire's Funeral, The Beatles' White Album, Radiohead's OK Computer, MGMT's Oracular Spectacular, and The White Stripes' White Blood Cells are some of my top choices. There are other albums that I could easily substitute onto this list, but I wanted to go for as diverse a selection as possible. Funeral is most likely my favorite album, with its wistful love songs of such anthemic beauty and headbanging fun. I would like to say however, that I had at first gotten rid of the Arcade Fire on my itunes since I had never listened to them. And on to The White Album, I felt that it was my favorite Beatles album because of the way it merged their earlier jangly pop/rock style along with the progressive psychedelia that they also became associated with. Then OK Computer... well, there isn't much I couldn't love about the distorted, haunting instruments and Thom Yorke's complementing falsetto... It's just great. As for Oracular Spectacular, it was strange the way in which I became completely attached the album. I suppose it's just easy to get caught in its wonderous sound. Lastly, White Blood Cells, was one of my first favorite albums. All I can say is that for anyone with even very limited affection for blues-rock, White Blood Cells satisfies.
Zane
Zane
Admin
Admin

https://audioloft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

:: Music :: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum