Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Music :: Reviews: Rules/Guidelines

:: Music :: Reviews

Go down

:: Music :: Reviews: Rules/Guidelines Empty :: Music :: Reviews: Rules/Guidelines

Post by Zane Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:05 am

•Read and adhere to the Official Site Rules.

•LPs, EPs, live albums, reissues, soundtracks, compilations, official mixtapes, box sets, concerts, concert DVDs and remix albums are currently all the kinds of music up for review.  Single song reviews, however, are not permitted.

•The album* you are reviewing must be au courant, which is to say, less than two months old.  This rule applies to reissues just as it does to any other kind of album.

•Listen to the album you plan to review several times.  Don't review anything that you are not completely familiar with.

•Be as detailed as possible.  Try to think of writing the review the same way you would write an essay: with background information, specific details and thoughts, and with a conclusion that summarizes your opinions of the album.

•Ratings are not mandatory, but are recommended.  You may use stars, numbers, or letter grades for scoring.

•Make sure to include both the name of the album and the band/artist in the title of your topic.

*By "album" I am referring to any or all types of music listed in the second rule of this topic.

If you are unsure of whether or not your review is up to standard, you may send your review to me for my suggestions/corrections.
Zane
Zane
Admin
Admin

https://audioloft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down